How To Avoid Internet Phishing And Keep Your Information Safe
January 16th, 2015 | by Web Desk
When the malicious people or organizations try to present themselves as an entity in order to build good bond of relation with you, this can be a phishing scam. Such Malicious ones can also be called as cyber criminals, who trick you in order to steal your valuable personal information. We are presenting the methods in order to help you stay prevented from poor phishing scams.
- Whenever you find suspicion in the nature of any corresponding, it is high indication you should stay away as they can further cause such scam. Indication of phishing scam correspondence is that they often ask you to reveal your personal and sensitive information. They appear so kind in order to trap you and will further make your information (images, videos and messages) viral over the web.
- Sometimes these correspondences are designed with a threatening graphics and music, this is done in order to make you react immediately and reveal all your personal information to them.
- If you find any message or email suspicious, soon review it and try to check the punctuation and spelling errors in it. If you find any such errors, then it will surely be the phishing scam, as the phishing correspondences do not proofread these messages before sending them to the people.
- In order to verify the enquiry, one should immediately try to call the organization. This will help you confirm that the correspondence you have received is legitimate or the phishing scam.
- Immediately try to clarify the authenticity, for this you will need to mention the organization about the suspicious correspondence you have received.
- Some malicious can also send you the voice mails or automated messages, they will also provide you with the phone no’s to call. You should immediately try to match the no. you’ve received in the messages with that of the no. that you have recorded by the organization. If you find any suspension, immediately contact the organization.
- Whenever you receive such suspicious emails, quickly try to examine its link and logos of those messages. However, in some cases the links and logos are masked in order to make them look legitimate. Such websites may further cause you to download malicious files.
- Do not visit any unfamiliar link, such harmful links end with an ‘exe’ extension. Such links may further lead to download malicious software full of deadly viruses.
- Whenever you find any such suspicious Email, immediately examine its Email address. This will help you further to set inquiry about the cyber criminals. Remember that phishing scam will also have the messages that resemble the Email address that resemble authentic companies Emils in order to fool you.
- One should never disclose their intimate stuff over the web. We advise you to provide your sensitive information only to the websites that are renowned and trustworthy.
- Remember that their optimum goal is to earn money with wrong means. They are doing it only to reach till your bank accounts and passwords. Try to review your bank statements daily in order to confirm that your money is secured. If you notice any unauthorized transactions performed with your account, try to block your credit and debit cards as soon as possible. Try to stay safe and smarter at every point, as you never know who is planning to fool you.
This was a short guide to help you stay prevented from phishing scams. For more helpful guides, stay tuned with Media24by7.